Bacon Shrimp Recipe
Don't have time to wrap your shrimp in bacon?
This bacon shrimp recipe is a great alternative. When is it done just sit the baking dish on the table
and spread the newspapers. Make sure to serve it with some crusty Italian bread, to soak up all the sauce.
Make sure to leave the shells on, this not only adds flavor to the shrimp, but keeps them from drying out
while cooking them.
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, with shells left on
- 4 slices bacon, cut up into small pieces
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon dry crab boil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small skillet, fry bacon until clear
- Add butter, Dijon mustard, chili powder, basil, thyme, black pepper, oregano, garlic, crab boil and Tabasco sauce
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add the shrimp in single layer and pour the sauce over the top of them
- Stir to make sure all the shrimp are coated well
- Baked uncovered for about 10 minutes or so
- Once done and opaque remove from the oven and serve
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter