Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
This is one of my favorite ways to serve Scallops. It is a tradition in our house to serve these every
Christmas Eve. The trick to broiling bacon wrapped scallops is to pre-cook the bacon just before it starts
to get crisp and place the scallops on their side and turn often to
get the bacon nice and cooked.
You can serve also these broiled scallops as an appetizer.
- 24 large Sea Scallops (about 2 lbs.)
- 12 slices bacon
- Ground back pepper
- Rinse Scallops under cold water and pat dry
- Cut each slice of bacon in half
- Pre cook the bacon in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes at 325.
- Wrap each half around a Scallop, secure with a toothpick
- Sprinkle Scallops lightly with black pepper.
- Preheat broiler
- Place wrapped Scallops on rack in broiling pan, with bacon facing the broiler element
- Broil 8 to 10 minutes until Scallops turn opaque throughout, use tongs to turn Scallops frequently so the bacon will cook evenly on all sides.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter