Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
This bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is great for appetizers or for parties. You can prep these ahead
of time and then stick them in the oven when you are ready to serve. Try to use a extra jumbo or 16 to 20
count shrimp per lb.
Make sure you use thin sliced bacon and pre cook it in the oven until it starts to crisp up but is
still pliable. That way your bacon comes out crispy and the shrimp are not overcooked.
To improve the appearance of them soak your toothpicks in water for 30 minutes, this way you don't have burnt
You could also cook them on the grill for some delicious bacon grilled shrimp.
- 24 shrimp raw peeled and deveined (extra jumbo 16 to 20 count per lb)
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1/3 cup Chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, add chili sauce, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce, mix well
- Brush sauce mixture liberally over shrimp, set aside.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half (to yield 24 pieces) to wrap around each shrimp
- Pre cook the bacon in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes at 325.
- Wrap your shrimp tight with the bacon from the head to the tail and secure with a toothpick.
- Season with coarse black pepper
- Place bacon-wrapped shrimp on a slotted baking pan or broiler pan.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes at 425° F, or until bacon is crisp; serve hot.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter