Barbecue Halibut Recipe
Halibut is great for grilling the firm texture makes it easy to grill. This Barbecue Halibut recipe
adds a bit of zip to the Halibut, with the peppercorns and chili sauce.
Cook on a medium-high heat on your grill, be generous with the olive oil to prevent sticking.
Watch it closely so you don't over cook it, because Halibut will dry out very fast.
- 4 (6 to 8 oz) halibut steaks
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 2 large chili peppers, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 oz. mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoon mixed peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Mix the crushed garlic together with 1 teaspoon salt and mash together until you have a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add the mayonnaise, chilies, garlic paste and the parsley. Set to the side
- Stir chilies into mayonnaise with garlic and chopped parsley; set aside.
- Grind the peppercorns on to a plate
- Press each side of the Halibut into the ground peppercorns
- Drizzle olive oil on to each side of the steaks
- Make sure that your grill is clean and you have pre-oiled it.
- Place the steaks on a medium-high heat
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- You can serve the chilies pepper dressing on the side or on top of the fish.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter