Blackened Grouper Recipe
A word of warning, if you have never blackened fish before I highly suggest that you do this
outside on the grill in a cast iron skillet. Your house will love you for it.
During the summer we blacken many different fish. Grouper is one of our favorites, the moist mild, sweet flavor of
grouper is a perfect match for this technique of cooking fish.
We sometimes serve this with red beans and rice
super easy black beans and rice.
- 2 lbs. Grouper Fillets (6-8 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- Rinse and pat dry your grouper fillets
- On the grill outside, heat a large cast iron skillet
- Pour the melted butter into a medium size bowl
- Combine all the dry blackening ingredients and mix well
- Pour this mixture on to a large plate
- Dredge your fillets through the butter and then into the seasoning
- Press the seasoning into the fillets
- Once the skillet is extremely hot place fillets into the skillet
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side
- Remove and serve immediately.
Back from Blackened Grouper Recipe to Grouper Fish
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter