Fried Catfish Recipe
Plan Ahead: This Buttermilk Marinated Fried Catfish recipe will need to marinate at least
The buttermilk will keep your catfish moist and will add a slight tangy flavor to them.
You can substitute the salt with any seasoning you like.
Also remember to lid your marinating dish, you don't want no other flavors being absorb from the
refrigerator. I just use a gallon zip-lock baggie to marinate the catfish, easy and no clean up.
- 8 catfish fillets (preferred size 4 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons salt (or favorite seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups- yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup- flour
- 1 1/2 cups-buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Rinse catfish fillets with cold water and pat dry
- Put fillets in dish or baggie
- Add buttermilk, salt or seasoning, pepper and hot sauce
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Remove fish from buttermilk marinate
- Dredge in cornmeal flour mixture
- Cook at 325 degrees if using a deep fat fryer
- When fish just start to float to the top remove. Drain on paper towel and lightly season with salt
- If pan frying heat the oil to a medium high heat. Cook till a golden brown approx 3 minutes turn and finish cooking another couple minutes.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter