Easy Lobster Bisque Recipe
This lobster bisque recipe does not have all the vegetables that many types of bisque have.
This is just a simple and fast lobster soup recipe that still has lots of flavor.
calls for 1 1/2 cups of cooked lobster meat, which converts out to about 12 oz. Two lobster tails weighing
8oz each, should give you the right amount of meat after cooking them and extracting the meat from the shell.
If you like to experiment with recipes, this recipe is the one to do it with. Switch out the milk for heavy
cream to make a richer soup. You could add a couple tablespoons tomato puree to it or add Worcestershire sauce.
You could also substitute the lobster for shrimp and/or crab.
Lobster Bisque Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked Lobster Meat, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- In a large saucepan over low heat melt butter
- Add green onions and saute for about 1 minute
- Add flour and stir constantly until smooth
- Slowly add the dry sherry, stirring constantly until it is thick and bubbly
- Gradually add the milk, stir constantly with a wire whisk until the mixture is thickened
- Add your parsley, salt, white pepper, hot sauce and paprika
- Add cooked lobster meat and cook until it is thoroughly heated
- Serve immediately
This easy lobster bisque recipe serves 4
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter