Easy Shrimp Creole Recipe
This is easy shrimp creole recipe is great for those cool evening dinners. Serve over rice or just
cook up some cornbread for a sidedish.
A medium shrimp (41-50 per lb.) works the best. You can peel and devein your shrimp while the
creole base is cooking. I also like to top mine with chopped green onions.
More Shrimp Recipes
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3/4 cup Chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Saute the onion, celery and garlic in the oil till tender
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, salt, sugar, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into to creole base. Turn up the heat.
- Cook and stir until base starts to bubble.
- Add shrimp and green peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve right away.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter