Easy Fried Scallop Recipe
This has got to be the easiest fried scallop recipe in the world. Around my house we call them popcorn scallops, since we use the smaller bay scallops.
We fry these up, with some shrimp and serve them with my homemade cole slaw and chips.
The key to deep frying scallops lies in the temperature of your oil,
always make sure it is the correct temp before adding your scallops to the oil.
The best kitchen appliance
you can have for deep fried scallops is a good
counter top deep fryer.
I also like to double coat my scallops, it makes them more crisper.
- 2 pounds scallops fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cracker meal
- salt and pepper
- Thaw your scallops if frozen
- Drain well
- Season the scallops to taste with salt and pepper
- Roll scallops in the cracker meal
- Let set for a few minutes
- Roll the scallops in the cracker meal again
- Deep fry in 350 degree oil for 3 to 5 minutes
- Re-season with salt and pepper when you first take them out of the fryer
- Drain for a few seconds and serve
Link to this page
Do you have a website or blog? Place a link to this page by copying and pasting the code below.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter