Grilled Grouper Recipe
The moist, big flakes and the sweet mild flavor of grouper, makes it a perfect fish for the grill.
Limit your marinade time to just 30 minutes, you do not want to overpower your grouper with the marinade.
If you are new to grilling you might want to put your fillets in a wire grilling basket
. It takes the worry out of the fish falling apart on you.
- 2 lbs. Grouper Fillets
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 4 tablespoons Grapefruit Juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Rinse grouper fillets under cold water
- In a large shallow pan or gallon size baggie add the garlic, orange juice, grapefruit juice, olive oil,
soy sauce, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, black pepper and salt.
- Reserve half of the marinade for basting while cooking.
- Add grouper fillets mix well and marinade for 30 minutes in refrigerator
- Remove grouper from marinade
- Over a medium high grill temperature, place the fillets on the grill
- Cook for about cook 4 to 5 minutes, brushing
frequently with citrus marinade
- Turn the grouper fillets (carefully) and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes
- Note: you may have to adjust cooking time depending on the thickness of your
fillets and your actual grill temperature (Fish cooking time rule is 10 minutes, per inch of thickness of fish)
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter