Lobster Thermidor Recipe
This is the easiest Lobster Thermidor recipe that you can find anywhere. Although they say a true
thermidor recipe must contain dry mustard for it to be a original recipe and have that very distinctive
But as the original Lobster Thermidor recipe was created in 1894, I'm sure only the
finest connoisseur of Lobster thermidor will know that this recipe doesn't have mustard in it.
- 4- 6-8oz Lobster tails
- 1 lb Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter for saute
- 3 cups Milk
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook lobster tails either by steaming or boiling them.
Instructions for cooking lobster tails.
- Make sure to shock(shock= plunge in a ice water bath)
your tails after you cook them to stop the cooking process. Remove the meat from the tail
and also the tail membrane. Set the tails aside.
- Pre heat your broiler
- Cut the lobster meat into small serving size pieces and slice the mushrooms.
- In a skillet add about 2 tablespoons of butter and start to saute the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lobster to the skillet and saute.
- Make the cheese sauce: In a medium size sauce pan, over medium high heat.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour, let cook for just a minute or two. Add the milk slowly, stirring it until
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and add the sherry. pour the cheese sauce over the lobster and mushrooms
and stir to combine.
- Arrange the shells in a shallow casserole dish, pour the lobster mixture into the shells, top with with
Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Broil until golden and bubbly.
Thanks for Supporting the Cookingfishmonger
Purchasing items from Amazon helps support this site