Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe
One of the biggest mistakes with salmon spread recipes is that most people make it and serve it or
they just chill it for an hour. Spread recipes need to chill overnight, the flavors of all your ingredients
will then really come out in the spread.
For the smoked salmon you want hot smoked, not cold smoked "Nova Lox".
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- fresh ground coarse pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients expect the smoked salmon and blend well
- Add the flake smoke salmon and fold throughly into mixture
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours
- Remove from the refrigerator about a half before serving
- Gently mix spread, place in your serving dish and top with coarse pepper
- Add fresh dillweed sprigs for garnish
- Serve with pumpernickel bread, party rye or crackers
Link to this page
Do you have a website or blog? Place a link to this page by copying and pasting the code below.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter