Shrimp Curry Recipe
Serve this Shrimp curry over hot cooked rice and have some shredded coconut and chutney for extra condiments.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sweetend applesauce
- 1 can beef bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 oz raw shrimp peeled and deviened, tails removed
- Saute onions in butter over a moderate heat
- Blend in flour and cook mixture, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes
- Add applesauce, beef bouillon, curry, ginger, salt, cayenne and lemon juice
- Stir frequently, until slightly thickened
- Add shrimp to sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes until the shrimp are done.
Link to this page
Do you have a website or blog? Place a link to this page by copying and pasting the code below.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter