Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
For this shrimp scampi pasta recipe you will need to cook up about a pound of Fettucini or Linguini to serve
with your shrimp scampi.
A good quality shrimp is a must for this recipe, I like to use gulf shrimp, much more flavorful
than farm-raised shrimp.
The large shrimp (31 to 35 per lb) works good for this recipe but you can use other sizes.
If you don't like scampi that is spicy just don't add the pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- 1 lb. Large Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt - to taste
- Add olive oil and butter to oven safe pan(broiler temperture safe)
- Once the oil and butter is hot add the garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and cayenne pepper, and stir well.
- Once the garlic is cooked but not brown (3 minutes), add the Shrimp and toss in the pan.
- When the shrimp have turned pink, add the lemon juice, parsley, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and toss to coat Shrimp
- Then place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted (1-2 minutes).
- Serve over your cooked pasta.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter