Spicy Cajun Shrimp Recipe
This spicy cajun shrimp recipe sounds like a lot of work, but it is not. Have the garlic french bread ready and the rice cooked,
once these spicy cajun shrimp are done you"ll want to serve them right away.
I sometimes leave out the crushed red peppers, they just make it a little too warm for the wife to eat.
With only 1 pound of shrimp this will not probably feed more than 3.
Not what you are looking for? Here are some more Shrimp Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dark beer (lager)
- 1 pound large uncooked shelled shrimp
- Over a medium high heat heat a large non-stick skillet
- Add the 1/4 cup of the butter, let melt
- Add the onion,garlic,red pepper, black pepper, crushed red pepper, thyme, rosemary, oregano and Worcestershire
- Cook for about 2 minutes
- Add the shrimp
- Cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the other 1/4 cup of butter, chicken broth and the beer
- Cook for another 3 minutes or until the shrimp have turn pinked.
- Serve over rice
- Serve French bread for dipping into the sauce.
Link to this page
Do you have a website or blog? Place a link to this page by copying and pasting the code below.
Thanks for Supporting the Cookingfishmonger
Purchasing items from Amazon helps support this site