Stuffed Flounder Recipe
Even though this stuffed flounder recipe calls for flounder fillets, you can substitute it
with any thin fillet of fish such as sole or orange roughy. Make sure to rinse your flounder under cold water and pat dry
before you start.
Don't be afraid to experiment with these recipe. You can use different types of crab instead of blue crab meat.
If you don't have unseasoned bread crumbs, try seasoned crumbs or saltine crackers.
- 1 1/2 lbs. flounder fillets
- 3/4 lb. blue lump crab meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt butter in fry pan/skillet
- Saute onion and garlic
- Add crab meat, breadcrumbs and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fold well to mix throughly, then remove from heat
- Spoon stuffing mixture over Flounder Fillets - then roll fillets up, securing with a toothpick.
- Place seam-side down in a buttered, glass baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and stir in flour and salt
- Add milk and wine and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until thick.
- Pour Wine Sauce over
fillets and bake, uncovered, at 400° F (20-30 minutes), or until fish flakes readily when tested with a fork
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and continue baking a couple more minutes , or until cheese has melted.
Link to this page
Do you have a website or blog? Place a link to this page by copying and pasting the code below.
Subscribe To The
Catch Of The Day Newsletter